Thursday, July 2, 2009


Counting down days to Cairo I arrive at day zero and am in my seat on Air France at JFK. I have never been to Cairo. The Pyramids loom large. I wonder what the city will look like. I imagine hills, mosques, a mix of the old and new on the skyline.

I wrote about the power of recognizing those times and places when you come alive[1]. Then choosing to put yourselves in that situation where the creative energy flows. The Imagine Cup is such a place. My seat belt is fastened.

Thomas Edison famously said that genius is 99% perspiration[2]. The remaining inspiration may seem small, but 1% from a sea of inventive students is abundant. When I am immersed in eager intelligence, I think more creatively. And more than even the Sphinx, that is what I am anticipating.

[1] See my April 17 entry on Peaks and Valleys

[2] Edison said "Genius is one percent inspiration, ninety-nine percent perspiration." See Edison quotes here.

No comments:

Post a Comment